Object-oriented framework for the web
Orkwan is a free open-source Model-View-Control (MVC) framework for Java web applications. It is an object-oriented framework which encourages the use of object-orientation to achieve reuse and consistency in web applications. Typically, a web application based on Orkwan will inherit from the abstract Orkwan base classes (servlet and controller) to create an executable framework.
The objectives of the Orkwan framework are:
- achieve reuse and consistency through object-orientation and inheritance
- execute at high performance and capacity for industrial strength web applications
- support multiple output types such as jsp, servlet, html, xml, and custom through configuration
- support REST web services (xml over http)
- have a minimal footprint, both in code, configuration, and runtime resources
- constitute a complete and versatile baseline for web applications requiring a minimal amount of coding
To get started with Orkwan it is recommended that you begin with the introduction tutorial. After the introduction you can download the software and start developing your web application using the reference documentation.